Are you looking for a smartwatch that’s compatible with your Samsung Galaxy S21? In that case you’re at the right place because after testing over 25 different options for hours, I’m here with the list of best-rated options that work with the Galaxy S21 ad other S series devices such as the S20, S10, S10 Lite, etc.
If you want to track activity, then might prefer a watch that has accurate sensors to track various activities. However, if you want to check the notifications, then you would prefer the one that allows you to do so.
It doesn’t matter what your needs are, if you’re looking for a best option that should work with your Galaxy S21, then you’ll love this list.
If it wasn’t for the compatibility problem, I’d have recommended the Apple Watch 6 or the Apple Watch SE/5 because it’s one of the most feature-rich smartwatches I’ve ever used. However, the watch is not compatible with Galaxy S21 as it’s an Android phone. You could still use certain functions, the experience shall be bizarre.
Also, in a research, I found out that 65% of the Samsung smartphone owners consider getting a smartwatch made by Samsung itself. It’s because both the devices from the same brand would have better compatibility which would result in high accuracy and usability. However, others consider getting a WearOS based smartwatch as it offers better performance and features.
My aim with this post is not just to list out the smartwatches that are not just compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S21, but it is to help you find the intelligent timepieces that are actually worth buying. So without wasting a minute more, I’ll begin with the list of the best options according to me and my research.
Note: The post may contain affiliate links, in simple words, they allow me to earn a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking them. If it doesn’t sound cool, you could just copy the name of the product you want on your favorite ecommerce store. Sounds okay?
- Best Smartwatches for Samsung Phones [Galaxy S21, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S10]
- 1. Best For Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy Active2
- 2. Best For Calls: Samsung Galaxy Active 2 with LTE
- 3. Best Wear OS smartwatch: Fossil Gen 5
- 4. Best Feature-rich: TicWatch Pro
- 5. Best Fitbit: Fitbit Versa 2
- 6. Best For Women: Fossil Gen 5 Julianna
- 7. Best For Activity and Sports: Garmin Vivoactive 3
- 8. Best For Golfers: Garmin Approach S60 & Galaxy Active 2 Golf
- 9. Best Value For Money [Old]: Samsung Galaxy Active
- 10. Best Hybrid Smartwatch: Withings HR
- 11. Cheapest WearOS Watch: Ticwatch E
Best Smartwatches for Samsung Phones [Galaxy S21, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S10]
Besides being compatible with the Galaxy S21 series, the smartwatches I’ve listed are compatible with other Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy S10 series, Note series devices such as Galaxy Note 20 and even the budget phones such as the Galaxy A series, M series, etc.
It doesn’t matter which Samsung phone you own, if you’re looking for a good smartwatch, then this list is all your need. Shall we finally begin with the list?
1. Best For Compatibility: Samsung Galaxy Active2
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2; Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals. Audio Playing Format-MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA,WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in aluminum or stainless steel and with a variety of faces, bands and finishes so it goes with anything
- Keep your beat; You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2; Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate; This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, Mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease
- Level up your downtime; Galaxy Watch Active2’s built in sleep tracker offers valuable insights on how to get a better night’s sleep; It also monitors your stress level and helps you recently with the integrated calm app for this device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease
- Battery built for endurance: The Galaxy Watch Active2’s long lasting battery can go for more than a 5 day on a single charge, and you can always get a quick boost from your compatible Galaxy phone with wireless power share works with Qi compatible Samsung devices (compatibility with non samsung Qi devices not guaranteed); Speed and power efficiency of charge varies by device and may be restricted by cases or covers
Another alternative: Galaxy Active 2 vs Fitbit Versa 2 (Read comparison)
2. Best For Calls: Samsung Galaxy Active 2 with LTE
- LTE Unlocked (carrier agnostic) - with LTE connectivity, you can leave your phone behind
- Samsung Galaxy watches feature the Tizen OS. Samsung’s proprietary OS is flexible. If your organization has a mix of Android and non-Android smarphones, the Tizen-equipped Samsung watches will be compatible with all devices. ch Active2. Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals.
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably. It comes in aluminum casing and with a variety of faces, bands and finishes so it goes with anything.
- Keep your beat. You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2. Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate. This Device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease
- Battery built for endurance The Galaxy Watch active2’s long-lasting battery can go for more than a Day on a single charge, and you can always get a quick boost from your compatible Galaxy phone with wireless power share. Works with Qi compatible Samsung
Also check out other 4G LTE Smartwatches (with Cellular Connectivity)
3. Best Wear OS smartwatch: Fossil Gen 5
- Smart watches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones. Case size: 44 millimeter; Band size: 22 millimeter; interchangeable with all Fossil 22 millimeter bands
- Battery: 24 Hr+ multi day extended mode. Varies based on usage and after updates install. USB cable with magnetic charger snaps to rings on watch case back and spins 360 degrees for ease of use. Charge up to 80% in under an hour
- Health and fitness: Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 3ATM; New wellness enhancements allow you to track sleep history, monitor your restfulness and set sleep goals
- Lifestyle: This smart watch has always on display with thousands of watch faces to personalize your look and always see the time. Hundreds of apps from assistant to fitness, payments, music, social, news, games, stop watches, and more. With a swimproof design and charging in less than an hour, it’s perfect for all your activities.
- Smart watch functions: Stay connected with notifications for calls, texts, apps and automatic time, time zone and calendar syncing. Never miss a call - answer and make calls directly on your watch when your phone is out of reach.
You might like reading: Fossil Gen 4 vs Gen 5
4. Best Feature-rich: TicWatch Pro
- Upgraded Version - This is an upgraded version from TicWatch Pro, 1GB of RAM, which helps the watch run fast and smooth (no lag). Wear OS by Google makes the watch install a variety of apps easily, Google Assistant supported.
- Long Battery Life - 2-30 days on a single charge is achieved by dual layered technology and two modes. Smart Mode will get you 2-days of battery life and Essential Mode will achieve 30-days of battery life. If Auto Switch to Essential Mode is turned on, 5-days of battery life will be achieved.
- Tracking Your Workout - Built-in GPS, 24h heart rate monitor, calories burned counter, speed and cadence monitor. Google Map available. TicMotion Technology enables the watch auto-detect running, fast walking without any operations on the watch.
- NFC & Sleep Tracking - Use Google Pay to purchase directly from your wrist at millions of places without fumbling around for your wallet. -Download TicSleep app from Play Store, TicSleep detects your sleep and Mobvoi app record your sleep progress in details.
- Support & Warranty - There is a 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues. MobvoiUS is the sole authorized seller of authentic Mobvoi products (other than Amazon) on the Amazon platform.
5. Best Fitbit: Fitbit Versa 2
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night; also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists, plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24/7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed. Syncing range - up to 6.1 meters
6. Best For Women: Fossil Gen 5 Julianna
- Smartwatches powered with wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android phones
- Extend your battery life for multiple days with new, smart Battery modes; magnetic usb rapid Charger included; charge UP to 80 percent in under an hour
- Black silicone watch strap
- Fossil straps offer the opportunity to express your own style by mixing and matching your favorite cases and straps
7. Best For Activity and Sports: Garmin Vivoactive 3
- Garmin Pay contact less payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store.; Memory/History : 7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data
- More than 15 pre loaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more; Lens material: chemically strengthened glass, bezel material: stainless steel, case material: fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress; Fits wrists with a circumference of 127 to 204 millimeter
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and more when paired with a compatible smartphone
8. Best For Golfers: Garmin Approach S60 & Galaxy Active 2 Golf
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display. Available outdoor recreation profiles : Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, Hazards and doglegs, on full-color course maps. Bezel Material : polymer or ceramic
- Convenient Quick Fit bands for fast style changes without tools. Battery life- up to 10 hours in golf mode; up to 10 days in watch mode
- More than 40, 000 preloaded courses from around the world. QuickFit watch band compatible:0.866 inches
- HAVE YOUR CADDIE WITH YOU : Get accurate distances to and from anywhere on the course so you can plan your game on over 40,000 courses worldwide. (Distance measured from Watch to the center of the green; accuracy may be temporarily impacted by course redesigns)
- GIVE YOUR SWING SOME STYLE : Look like a pro and sport the lightweight, water-resistant design comfortably through all 18 holes. (Water-resistant up to 50 meters per ISO standard 22810:2010. Not intended for scuba diving. Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes and high-velocity activities. Rinse in fresh water/dry after use in sea water or chlorinated water.)
- SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO SEE : The full-color Super AMOLED display makes it easy to see your screen, even in direct sunlight.
- BETTER INSIGHTS TO REACH YOUR FITNESS GOALS : Auto Tracking - Galaxy Watch Active2 Golf Edition automatically tracks your most popular activities, from cycling to swimming. You can also manually track additional exercises, so your watch is working harder for you . Pace Coach - Get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2 Golf Edition. Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals.
- KEEP YOUR BEAT : You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2 Golf Edition. *This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
9. Best Value For Money [Old]: Samsung Galaxy Active
- Track your way to real results: Automatically detects up to 6 exercises, while tracking up to 39 more, right from your wrist
- Resolve to rest better; Helps you analyze your sleep patterns and encourages you to wind down to keep you refreshed and at your best; Compatible devices: Samsung Smartphone, Non Samsung Android Smartphone(Android OS 5.0 and above RAM 1.5GB and above), iOS 9.0 and above iPhone 5 and above
- Sends you real time alerts if ever detecting a high or low heart rate, so you can be more proactive about your heart health
- Expand your Galaxy; Sync with your phone to stream your playlist, get notifications and more, right on your wrist
- Thin; Light; Durable a thin, lightweight and durable swim ready design comes in a variety of colors and interchangeable bands
10. Best Hybrid Smartwatch: Withings HR
- Nokia Health is now Withings. Same products, same team, same commitment to your health. For more information, contact our support.
- HEART RATE MONITORING - Maximize your workouts with continuous heart rate and in-depth reporting plus daily and overnight HR.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY - Up to 25 days battery life on one charge, plus 20 more days on power reserve mode (time & activity tracking only)
- 24/7 TRACKING: Automatically tracks walk, run, swim, and 30+ activities in workout mode. Connected GPS provides a map of your session with distance, elevation and pace and now enjoy Strava integration.
- WATER RESISTANT TO 50M - Steel HR is water-friendly - from automatic swim recognition to having no fear when you shower, go snorkeling, or get caught in the rain.Operating temperature: -10°C to 45°C (14°F to 113°)
11. Cheapest WearOS Watch: Ticwatch E
- Android Wear 2.0. Get your favorite apps and watch faces. Request a car ride. Perfect your golf swing. Explore a new neighborhood. With thousands of Android Wear apps, there's no limit to what you can do with your Ticwatch E.
- Follow your fitness.Track walks, runs, rides, heart rate and strength training with Google Fit and your favorite fitness apps. Get coaching, measure your heart rate, and even stream music, right from your wrist.
- Your personal voice assistant. Meet Your Google Assistant. Bring Google Assistant to your wrist. Find answers and get things done even when your hands are full. Reply to a friend that you’re running late, remind yourself to call mom, or ask for directions. Just hold the power button or say "Ok Google”.Phone calls only compatible for android device now.
- If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like sudden drop or short battery life etc. It is not the quality issue. Please charge the watch more 2hrs before you start to use it. And use the watch till battery empty and charge it up to full for 1-3cycles, the battery capacity indicator will be on right status.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues.
It might look like 11 smartwatches only, but I spent around 2 days testing each watch with my own Galaxy S20 Ultra. I also tested these watches with my mother’s Galaxy A71 and found that all the watches I’ve listed above are highly compatible and had no issues.
If you’re looking for the best option without any budget issues, then my best bet would be on the Galaxy Active 2 (with/without LTE) or the Fossil Gen 5. However, if you’re a little short on budget, you shall consider going for the Galaxy Active or the Ticwatch E. If you’re looking for a sports watch, you may consider the Garmin Vivoactive 3 or the Approach S60.
At the end, it is you who’ll be using the watch, so make a list of the features you want in your next smartwatch and make sure that the model you’re getting has all of them. Afterall, what’s the point in buying any product that won’t serve the purchase purpose?
Which one have you finally decided to go with? Is there other model that is more attractive to you than the models in this list? Please comment below to help other potential buyers make an informed buying decision.